About our Solarstream
This hot water cylinder has been designed to deliver hot water by means of solar panels (flat panels) in freezing conditions.
The tank contains a heat exchanger, which, when coupled directly to the solar panel, forms a closed circuit containing non-toxic Xstream® panel guard. The panel guard is heated by the solar panel (by means of the sun) and is circulated thermo-syphonically through the heat exchanger within the tank. The water inside the tank absorbs heat from the heat exchanger. This means the water in the hot water cylinder is not heated directly by the solar panels, but indirectly by means of the heat exchanger. The cylinder has electrical back-up.
This design protects the heat pipes inside the panel against freezing conditions.
For the installer
• All the fittings are positioned on one side of the tank for ease of connections and less pipe work.
• Can be easily stacked and interconnected for superb stratification and bigger volume requirements.
• The tank is lightweight, easy to handle and install, less labour required.
• Drain- and safety valve factory fitted.
• The electrical box is moisture resistant to IPX 4 ratings.
• High pressure; 400kPa indirect solar hot water cylinder range.
• A unique diffuser (baffle) ensures minimum turbulence inside the tank ensuring maximum hot water draw-off.
For the home owner
• The tank can be manufactured in any colour in order to blend in with the environment.
• Can be installed either in- or outside – it has a UV resistant gel coat outer casing.
• The tank is solar ready – a solar absorption panel or tube set can be connected at any future time.
• The geyser is well insulated with high-density polyurethane insulation, eliminating the use of a geyser blanket.
• The Solarstream is fitted with an internal heat exchanger, for use with a flat solar panel for indirect solar water heating (frost areas).
Material selection is crucial as mentioned before. Our non-ferrous tanks are:
• Totally corrosion free – they will never rust.
• No galvanic reactions will occur in our tanks.
• Made from (non-ferrous) materials with uniform expansion rates (expansion caused by hot and cold cycles inside the inner tank) that totally eliminates the need for protective linings of any sort – (protective linings are used as protection against corrosion in metal tanks, but these can crack or delaminate in use, triggering corrosion in metal tanks).
How the Solarstream works
1. This hot water cylinder has been designed to deliver hot water by means of solar panels in situations where extreme conditions exist i.e. highly aggressive water, highly alkaline water or freezing conditions.
2. The tank contains a heat exchanger, which when coupled directly to the solar panel, forms a closed circuit containing antifreeze mixture.
3. The mixture is heated by the solar panel and is circulated thermo-syphonically through the heat exchanger within the tank.
4. The heated fluid in the heat exchanger then gives up its heat to the water in the geyser. This means that the water in the geyser is not directly heated by the solar panels but indirectly by means of the fluid circulating through the heat exchanger.
5. The hot water cylinder also has an electrical back up for times when the sun is not shining or when the solar input is insufficient.
6. The outer casing can be produced to any colour on request – very popular for Bush Camps.
The Xstream Mainstream range is factory fitted with:
The Xstream Solarstream Specifications